AdamsGabbert is working with our client to find a Senior Information Security Analyst for a 6+ month contract. The client is in the utility industry and is located in downtown KCMO. This position is responsible for specific assignments related to developing, implementing, documenting and monitoring information security controls. There are multiple contracts available!!
Duties and Responsibilities
· Implement and maintain information security controls, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems for corporate information assets.
· Research and maintain technical expertise in implementation and maintenance of information security controls.
· Increase information security awareness within the corporation by designing, developing and presenting training on all aspects of information security.
· Identify possible threats to information systems and supporting communication networks by analyzing results produced by using technical security monitoring tools.
· Investigate and report computer security incidents.
· Contribute to the effectiveness of the Information Security Program by assisting with the documentation and implementation of plans that deter security threats and minimize the impact of a system breach.
· Ensure that information security activities, functions, plans and recommendations meet the risk posture of the corporation and the goals and performance measurements of the Information Security Department.
· Ensure protection of corporate assets by assisting with the Information Security business function.
· Ensure that corporate policies, standards and guidelines are being followed by coordinating compliance activities with other Information Security Analysts, Human Resources, departmental management and other departments.
· Assist with information security risk assessments.
· Other duties as assigned. This individual is expected to perform as a backup for other departmental functions.
· Provide 24x7 support of security controls in a production environment.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
· Solid understanding of information technology asset lifecycles.
· General understanding of NERC CIP compliance.
· Broad knowledge across IT disciplines, including multiple operating systems (Unix/Linux and Windows) and IP networking.
· Knowledge and experience with Splunk is highly desirable.
· Solid knowledge and experience in IT Architecture, CheckPoint firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) is highly desirable.
· Strong skills with Microsoft Office products, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project & Visio.
· Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security.
· Knowledge of cybersecurity principle, cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
· Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and access control methods.
· Strong communication and presentation skills. Is self-motivated, goal oriented, & an innovative thinker.
· Strong interpersonal & team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team & help influence/drive change across functional & business boundaries.
· Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out & implement leading IT infrastructure practices.
· Ability to explain technical material in non-technical terms.
· Ability to prioritize tasks based on criticality & meet deadlines.
· Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple customer needs and requirements simultaneously.
· Required to function independently to analyze information and report variances.
· Ability to apply common sense, understand & carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form & to deal with problems using a logical problem solving approach.
· Ability to lift/move/carry between 10 - 50 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions.
· Continues to remain current knowledge of new technologies and corporate information systems as they affect information security.
Education and Experience Requirements
A bachelor’s degree is typically required in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. CISSP or other industry certifications are desired. Successful candidates typically have 5 or more years of experience in information security and 5 or more years of experience in IT. The incumbent must pass a criminal and employment background investigation.