This is a great opportunity in the financial/bankingJob Summary
With oversight, uses technical knowledge to lead technology functions through management or lead staff in accordance with the clients's strategic plan, Identifies, initiates, and influences technological and operational changes, performance and productivity targets, and District and System initiatives. Leads department in absence of the supervising officer. Develops, motivates, and evaluates performance of staff. Demonstrates leadership skills as outlined by the Bank's leadership competencies. This senior level manager position provides direct oversight to a team of ten to twelve Business Analysts, Data Analysts and Business Systems Analysts who primarily provide specifications for software application solutions. The primary clients who receive solutions and services from this team are Information Technology service providers whose core business is technology delivery, and clients within the Treasury business lines, executives, and their supporting staff. This manager will provide technical, customer, and staff leadership at the Division/District, Treasury and System level. This position reports directly to an Assistance Vice President or Vice President within the Technology Solutions Delivery Division.
- Oversees the establishment and execution of department goals and objectives to support achievement of the client's strategic plan. Identifies, develops, and implements appropriate IT solutions in support of major District, Treasury and System initiatives. Develops tactical plans and ensures all department responsibilities including goals and objectives, budget targets, and performance metrics are met. Ensures staff understand, and remain focused on, goals and objectives.
- Prioritizes workflow of staff to ensure efficient utilization of resources and completion of work, develops standards and policies, and reviews written reports, papers, and correspondence for accuracy, consistency, style, and clarity.
- Leads personally or through staff project work of the highest complexity and priority. Actively participates in, or leads, workgroups and meetings at the department/Division, Bank, or System level.
- Interacts with Division/Bank, System and Treasury management to resolve escalated issues and/or provide recommendations related to business, technical, budgetary concerns. Demonstrates support for, and ensures compliance with, Bank and System policies and procedures. Identifies risks in the activities of the department and leads technical and operational improvements to minimize risks.
- Conducts workforce planning for the Department/Division. Recognizes the full potential of employees and provides them with needed resources, experiences, and other support. Effectively delegates assignments to provide reasonable challenge and developmental opportunities for supervisors and staff to strengthen depth and breadth of knowledge. Facilitates delegated assignments by defining parameters, balancing business priorities with individual workloads, and removing barriers.
- Attracts, motivates, and retains strong performers. Reviews resumes, conducts interviews, and selects hires based on evaluation of candidate fit. Provides timely and effective coaching and feedback on staff performance and development issues. Recommends salary increases, promotions, variable pay awards, and disciplinary actions including terminations of employment. Approves personnel actions such as transfers and progressive counseling. Promptly takes action in, identifying and addressing staff performance issues through progressive counseling.
- Identifies and understands broad, highly complex issues at the Bank, System or Treasury level and determines their impact. Confronts problems decisively, taking timely and appropriate actions. Involves others in decisions when appropriate to take advantage of their talents and skills. Makes sound and difficult decisions that benefit the Bank even when in conflict with own views.
- Seeks and supports new ideas or innovative approaches to department work processes, while considering the Bank's existing culture. Questions assumptions and conventional thinking and practice to continuously improve processes. Encourages and rewards creativity and diversity of thought. Recognizes when cultural shifts are necessary to achieve higher standards of performance and makes recommendations to supervising officer.
- Celebrates successes and acts to positively influence the Bank's culture. Fosters and supports a positive work environment. Addresses interpersonal conflicts and supports others in addressing issues.
- Represents the Bank's official position to outside parties including member bank's management and Board of Directors, other Reserve Banks, Treasury, vendors, contractors, consultants, other industry professionals, and/or the public.
- Stays abreast of latest IT technologies, applications, and industry standards by reviewing periodicals, attending seminars, and maintaining contact with local vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically responsible for oversight of highly complex, critical, and/or strategically important technical functions. Routinely handles highly sensitive technical assignment and projects. Decisions tend to be more tactical and guided by high-level strategies and priorities. Provides leadership and direction to less experienced managers and frequently advises more senior management. Chairs District or System workgroups and establishes direction by directly overseeing and influencing goals, objectives, and activities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in field related to department functions or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically requires ten or more years of work experience within related information technology field, which includes either eight years of relevant technical leadership experience at the Bank or relevant leadership experience in another organization, or an equivalent combination.
- Knowledge of budget and accounting principles and systems.
- Strong computer skills in programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail programs, and other automated applications used by the Bank.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished project management skills, to include organization, planning, and execution.
- Broad knowledge of department, Bank, and/or System operations, regulations, and policies; currency with broad technological direction and industry best practices for IT organizations
- Strong strategic vision and focus.
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate in an articulate manner to a wide range of audiences.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment; motivate and work through others to accomplish tasks; and deal honestly and directly with others.