Large utility company in downtown Kansas City looking for a Senior Information Security Analyst. This is for a 1 year contract.
The successful candidate will assist in:
- Administering the firewall environment, making firewall rule changes, reviewing firewall logs and building and deploying new firewalls;
- testing and configuring intrusion prevention systems, reviewing IDS/IPS logs;
- analyzing malware;
- applying patches to various types of assets, including switches, windows and Unix;
- upgrading security tools such as Data loss prevention systems, vulnerability management systems, security intelligence and analytics, security information and event monitoring tools;
- performing policy reviews, writing procedures, updating documentation;
- participating on project design teams;
- auditing user access, auditing firewall rules;
- ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance activities;
- and other tasks as identified.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is PREFERRED. CISSP or other security certifications are DESIRED. The successful candidate should have 5 or more years of experience in information security AND 5 or more years of experience in IT. Skills in computer software, Windows, Linux/Unix, networking, scripting and the ability to learn and utilize new systems are required. Required to function independently to research and analyze information; therefore, MUST possess analytical and problem-solving skills. Effective oral and written communication skills are necessary, especially the ability to present technical information to an audience with a varying range of information technology experience.